Tuesday, December 20, 2011

St. Paul may not be here with us...yet He is here to encourage us!

Paul was simply so real...and unselfish in following after Christ. It is no wonder he is considered by some the greatest theologian of all time. Yet, his motives were not to exalt himself, but to make sure each one us even today would have the chance to hear the Good News...Jesus loves us!
 Gleanings from Philippians 1: 15-30...

 "There are different reasons you hear the Good News of our Lord Jesus. Some, do this out of jealousy, wanting attention only for themselves and not caring about the needs of others or the situations in life they may be facing. Others do it out of competition, thinking they do a better job of presenting Christ to others...that they might reap personal benefits for themselves because of their "professional manner" on presenting the Good News.
 Then there are the "Pure in Heart", who speak of Christ and His love for each one of us. These that preach in this matter truly care for others and their desire is to see many come to the Lord, and have Him to live in their hearts!
 Those others I mentioned before, preach with false motives...and now they really think they have the advantage since I am writing to you while I am in prison.

 But you know what, it really doesn't matter...at least to me it doesn't. The reality of all those spreading the Good News, whether it be of right motives or not, is this: Christ Jesus is being announced and anyone responding to His call will be saved.
 And for that, I rejoice!...and will continue to rejoice! My life is given to Him, and my direction in life is guided by the Precious Holy Spirit...and I find my rest in knowing this.

 After all, my own hope is not in how well I present the Gospel, rather, it is in the joy of others receiving this Blessed One...Jesus, our Lord and Savior!
 For that, I am excited, not being at all ashamed of my own God-driven life, but encouraged by the fact Christ is exalted, whether I am alive to preach, or I have died to be with Him.
 Here then lies the secret of my own life in Him: "For me to live...is for Christ, yet if I die...I consider it gain!"

And honestly, it's difficult to know which way to go. If I die, I am with Him!...that is what we live for...right? Yet, I am also aware you still need me, and because of that, I am convicted to remain here and help others to grow in Him..finding that true joy in the faith!
 For it is then, when we meet, your courage in Him will be even more...because of Christ Jesus and the work He has accomplished through me...for you are all fully aware of my past.
 And always remember, all of you...each one of you...are called to a life that brings honor to Christ Jesus, and proclaims through your very own lives the love He has for all of us.

 Then, whether we would meet or not, this one thing I do know. We are together, and with the aid and comfort of the Holy Spirit, we have one purpose...fighting together of one faith, and that being...the Good News...Jesus died and now He lives!
 I would encourage you in this as well: don't let anyone intimidate you, rather, it is God's Will that you "stand tall", and take courage when you are challenged by the enemy.
 In fact, your courage alone will show two things in regard to the Message you preach:
1) the Word you preach convicts hearts and reminds them of their need of a Savior, and 2) you act as a light to them, reflecting Jesus in your own lives and showing them the need of eternal life.

 This is also important to keep in mind, when you received Christ Jesus in your own heart, you were given the privilege of putting your complete trust in Him...and along with that you received the privilege of suffering with Him as well. We are all in this together, our personal struggles are to His Glory and what He and He alone has done for us!
 And you have seen and are aware of some of the conflicts I have encountered, and now you face as well. We will get through all of these...after all, I am still here, aren't I?"

No comments:

Post a Comment