Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ideas About New Year's Resolutions...

As the old year comes to a close, a new one begins...2012. For some, I hear of things like "the End is Near", or "America is About to Collapse". As I contemplate some of these things, I can certainly see some valid points to this train of thought. Nevertheless, I also consider what the scriptures teach in relation to our upcoming New Year.
 There are a number of ways a person could go.... the story of the "10 Virgins", tapping into different prophecies recorded in both the Old and New Testaments, or Matthew 24 is one chapter you often hear about when speaking of end-times.
 Even the world itself takes note when someone declares the end has come....the Mayan Calendar predicting late 2012 as a time when all things will come to a close.

 As for myself, I think I will choose this: to remain faithful. I don't know when Jesus is returning, and as far as America, yes, it is true, Repentance is so needed here today. Life today has changed so much, even in the last 20 to 25 years. The blog you might be reading right now...wasn't available then. The comforts some enjoy in life now is unparalleled to any in history.

 Yet, at the same time....people are hurting inside at epidemic levels, children still die of hunger across the world, and fear grips many in their everyday life.

Here is what I will give myself to in 2012: Gleanings from....

Ephesians 4:31-32 " Now is a good time to rid yourself of all bitterness, rage, anger, resentment, animosity, quarreling, contention, backbiting, and speaking abusively to others.
 Instead, replace all these things with Christ's gifts to us: learn to be gentle with one another, tenderhearted, helpful, compassionate, understanding, merciful, kind, uplifting, and giving.
 God the Father through Our Lord Jesus Christ has done this for you, now pass on these qualities and the gifts given to you...to others."
(Note: I think these 2 verses alone could easily keep one busy the entire new year.)

 Hebrew 12:15 " Look out for one another, let others understand they can receive every gift given to us through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. And those who you might find bitter with life, always in some type of trouble; offer them the gift of Hope, Jesus, our Beloved King!"

Ephesians 5:1-2 " Follow the path Jesus Himself has already made for us. Walk in His Love, gently reminding others how He offered Himself as a sacrifice...for us. Receiving the Gift of His Sacrifice into each of our lives is all we ever need....this Sacrifice is a continual pleasing aroma to God, who is now our Heavenly Father."

Ok, I think those New Year resolutions will keep me busy for a while! Faithful, I just want to be...Faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment