Sunday, December 25, 2011

the Secret to Living...Gleanings from Philippians 4: 12-23

Here Paul wraps up his letter to the Philippians, showing appreciation to the church of Philippi and giving them hard earned advice on the secret of living the Christian life...

 " I have learned the secret of living in this life , putting my trust in the Lord. The secret is : be content!
 If I have little, or if I have plenty; if I am poor, or if I am rich; if my stomach is empty or if it is full; if my circumstances are humble, or if I am in abundance...I am content!
 the reason is this: I can do all things through Christ Jesus who is the source of my strength!

 As for you, what a blessing you have been to me during some lean times I find myself in. It is a beautiful thing for you come alongside of me in my troubles.
 And as you know, it was the church of Philippi to send me financial assistance when I first brought the Good News of our Lord Jesus to all of you, which enabled me to travel on to Macedonia. You were the only church to do this. Even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent financial help...more than once!
 I'm not saying this to try to get some additional finances from you, in fact, I have all that I need for now. I am just eager for you to receive God's blessings for all the generosity you have given me.

 As for me, the gifts you sent me through Epaphroditus are more than enough, and my heart is ever so grateful for all your generosity. I know your gifts are a sweet smelling, fragrant offering that is both acceptable and pleasing to the heart of our God.
 Believe me when I say this: the same God who takes care of me will in turn supply all your needs from the wealth of His glorious riches, which are now given to us...all because of Jesus!
 And for all this I give glory to Our God and Father, and may His glory be made known through endless eternities.

 Give my love and greetings to all those in Christ Jesus. All those here with me send their greetings to you. Those who are in the emperor's household send you a warm and special greeting.!

 May the grace of our Lord Jesus be kind to you,
     And bless you with all the blessings He has for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment