Monday, March 5, 2012

Simply Incomprehensible!...Gleanings from Psalm 139:17-24

We can not see God...yet, He sees us...that is...the real "us". There is no veil or mask that can hide us with the daily choices we make in life...that this Great God of ours can not clearly see through. This includes our real motives and thoughts about people we mingle with everyday.
 Sometimes I find myself looking for a "halloween type" mask to put on before I bow my head in prayer, usually because somebody that day has offended me in some matter...and I want vengeance...immediate results for the insult(s) they did to me...but then I think...what if God sees me behind this mask?
 Other times I look for a very "pious" mask to put on...you know, one that makes me look like I am "suffering" for all the "punishment" I received that day for "sticking up for God" and showing everyone how I am so "good"....but then I think...what if God sees me behind this mask?

 I think the first thing to giving my life over to Christ Jesus is this: to value and learn to appreciate His words that He has expressed about each of us, and 2) to remember He did this all voluntarily, He did not have to, I am quite sure there were alternate plans....yet He chose to take the "Way of the Cross", simply because He loves us that much! Then, He not only provided us a way to escape an eternal death, but replaced it with eternal life!...far beyond anything we can even imagine!
 It's kind of like pondering His thoughts, they are so different...and here is the real "kicker", when we awake in the morning...He is still there...to greet us!....Gleanings from Psalm 139:17-24


"Your thoughts O God, are as rare and precious as discovering a "prized jewel", so beautiful that our words can not begin to describe them.
 Your thoughts are far beyond man's own ability to comprehend...and to count them? It can never be done!...for they outnumber the grains of sand...through all time...and throughout the entire earth!
 So, here are my first thoughts...to wake up...and be with You! And what is even more astounding!...You are still with me! May each morning I awake greet me with the morning sun: "I am with You...and You are here with me!"

 Lord, I personally think it would be good to destroy all the cruel and heartless people in this world, all those who try and belittle You, totally infatuated with their cheap, no-name god imitations. Their hearts are far from You...and I always seem to hear someone misusing or taking totally out of context something You have said. They even come up with their own clever little quotes...and then tell people...You said it! Their godless arrogance have no bounds!

Lord, is it possible to have a "pure hatred"...if so, I think that is what I have...an unadulterated hatred when I hear people speaking of you in such a disdain matter.

 Ok, it is probably a good idea...to start with me first. Search me, my King, do a thorough cross examination of my life...I do need a "clear-picture" of who I am...and the only way that is really made possible...is when You do it.
 Point out anything that offends You, and show me ways that I will not hurt others...lead me on Your Path, because above all else:
 I always want to awake in the morning and know: You are there with me!"












No comments:

Post a Comment