Monday, March 12, 2012

Meanderings.....

Meanderings:  is defined as wanderings, in a nomadic state, possibly going around in circles.

 Have you ever had a day that you are meandering? Kind of feel lost, but yet you are ok.?
I honestly think what got me going today in that direction is when I have conversations with others...and their views on life and certain situations are different than mine...like in "light years"...and it develops into a disagreement.

 The "Good News"...I chose to keep my mouth shut for a change (lol), and just let things "chill". Actually, I tried something different, than what I have done in the past.
 I prayed for this situation that had developed...I never knew how difficult it can be to use the phrase "Bless 'this person'"...when you don't feel like that at all.
 Kind of left me "meandering" in my mind today...and check out some Scripture! Here are some Gleanings from various verses, etc. that kept me goin' in the right direction...today:

1. Psalm 119:37: "Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life by thinking and absorbing Your Word...Your Promises...Your Ways!"

Note: Worthless comes from the Hebrew word "shawe". It carries with it an identity of being a false witness...with this warning: "Don't get your eyes focused on something that isn't worth getting worked up over...you could possibly end up in danger...circulating false report(s) about another."

2. Romans 13:14: " Instead, clothe yourself with the Presence of Christ Jesus. Don't give a thought about how to satisfy your sinful desires."

Note: Sinful desires from various translations refer to this as: wild parties, getting drunk, playing around with sex...and...check this out!...quarreling and jealousies...whoa...right up there with "party stuff".

3. Jude 1:16: " People do complain...unfortunately.. "it is what it is" at times. The reason they end up complaining is because they find fault with others, and then open themselves up to some "evil intentions", which seem to be hangin' around when opportunities like this present themselves.
 It can become very evident at times, when " a Christian goes bad", because a person will then walk around and flatter others...to gain a high opinion of themselves and their "cause", recruiting others to "join their side."

Note: "Christians Gone Bad"...it happens. When murmuring and complaining starts to appear on my lips, and I start to act like I did before I gave Christ Jesus my heart...I better "shut it down" before it gets the best of me. And, Jude is right on this one, the follow-up for this nasty attitude is to "talk it up", or I like this rendition, " a great swelling of words"...just to get some sort of advantage in a situation or over a certain subject...and get others to "join the cause".

4. 1 Corinthians 4:5: " So, don't make judgments...about anyone!...ahead of time! And when is the time to judge?...when He returns...let Him do the judging! For He will bring out all the secrets: " the good, the bad, and the ugly". Then, after everything is judged through His Light...He will then decide who is up for commendations."

Note: We are not to judge harshly, because we don't always know what a person is going through, nor their feelings at the moment, or even their real motive behind it all.

5. James 1:22: " Instead, be doers of His Word, obey the Message He has given us, and don't be one of those that just "nod their head" and agree...but put no action to what they are nodding to. And, remember, you only betray yourselves when your actions are contrary to the Message you have been given."

Note: Don't build a Christian life on being a "professional nodder"...you know, "all ears and no action" type of person. Apply what you hear...to your everyday life, and don't allow yourself to get caught up in some "carnal security" that Christ Jesus will expose anyway.

 So, needless to say, I got some work to do on my "Christian character"...but this one thing I have learned this far on my journey with Him: the benefits of following Him far outweigh the awkwardness of learning how to treat others...right!
 Beside, there is always this one verse of Scripture that seems to "float in my mind", ever since I yielded my heart to Him. It is from Psalm 18:24, from the "Message version" written by Eugene Peterson. It goes like this:

                                     " God rewrote the text of my life,
                                                             when I opened the Book of my Heart...
                                                                                                                 to His Eyes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment