Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Hard Lesson...Real Hard!...Gleanings from Isaiah 10: 12-21

I hear sometimes, quite often in fact, why does God hurt people...even kill them? I thought He was suppose to be the symbol of Love and Peace and "stuff like that"?
 I am convinced man has said this since the beginning of time, when the real truth is...it isn't God who does these evil things...it's man himself.
 For me, its a matter of choice. When we make decisions without consulting God, or we continue to do things in life completely ignoring what God may have some advice on, eventually...a calamity arises. He has even given us His written Word, but if we choose to ignore it, or worse, deny it...what do you think will happen? Then, we blame Him for our own choices....and that, in my opinion, is the real story of mankind.
 Like one author wrote, "History does not repeat itself, rather, it is human nature that repeats itself."
 And, yes, there are times in life when innocence is abused...and even taken. It is a heart-wrenching thing to see the cruelty of man at times...but before any of us begin to point fingers...do not blame Him...He is the Reality of Love...and Peace...and "all that stuff"

                                           Gleanings from Isaiah 10:12-21

 "Afterwards, when the Lord had allowed and ultimately watched the behavior of the king of Assyria to accomplish his horrible atrocities to God's own people, He now deals directly with this "blow-hard"...just listen to the (last) of his arrogant words as he parades and gloats of himself: " It is me!...all me! I have accomplished these marvelous victories! These plans I so brilliantly made, the intricate detail of these offensive schemes...has brought me much reward!
 I have wiped out the boundaries of the other nations and walked into them, took what I wanted, and simply left. It was even easier than I had previously thought. It was like taking the eggs from a nest...and no one dared make a peep! I even charged their "mighty" kings, like a great bull, and down they came! These so-called "great nations"...were nothing compared to my greatness!"

 Now, the Lord-of-Heaven's-Armies has seen enough, and must respond...for the sake of mankind...and for His own people. The Lord responds by asking a series of questions. He speaks to this "king" of Assyria: " Can an axe boast of its own power...or is the source of the axe's power come from the person who swings the axe? Does a saw have greater force because of the size of its teeth, or does a saw need power from the one who chooses to use it? Can a rod simply chasten, or does it need someone to pick it up and use it? Does a staff have the power to hold a man up?...or does the man hold the staff up?
 The Lord-of-Heaven's-Armies  says this to you...proud king of Assyria and all your "fat" people! I will demonstrate before your very eyes...the Hope of Israel!..Her Light and Her Guide!
 You will see My flame...and it will burn...burn all these "thorns and briers" that is called "Assyria"...and it will take...maybe one day to have this completely burned! You will go to sleep at night, and when you awake...Assyria is no more! 
 For I will burn these "vast forests of Assyria...along with her fruitful fields and lush gardens.
Assyrian people will walk around like "zombies", a very sick-looking people during a very terrible plague.
 And the "vast forests of Assyria"...Look!... there is a small child...who stands before those vast forests, able to count all the trees left...on one hand!

 On this day, there will be a remnant of My people, who have survived the horrible nightmare you have brought upon them...the Survivors of the House of Israel! Now, My people will have learned...not to put their total trust in earthly allies...like you O king of Assyria...for your empty promises were covered in your own lies...promising to join and help them when in truth your real intention was to...destroy them!
 Now, they have once again called out to Me...and I have answered.. now...o mighty king of Assyria...your time has come to deal with....Me!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment