Thursday, January 5, 2012

Paul's Beginnings...Gleanings from Galatians 1:6-24

Paul begins his letter to the Galatians by explaining how it all got started....

 " I am in a little bit of shock at the moment, I find it hard to believe you have turned renegade on the Lord Himself, deserting the One who offers you Himself and all the unmerited grace and mercy that comes in knowing Him.
 Right now you are following a mirage...something that is made to look real, but really isn't real. It looks like the Good News, it sounds like the Good News, it may appear even genuine as the Good News...but the real truth...it is NOT the Good News! It is a predetermined ambush, brought about by those who impersonate the Truth, but in no way speak the Truth!

 I say this: anyone who "talks a different talk", who preaches a different kind of Good News, regardless of their credentials, their reputation, or promotes anything other than the gospel we preach...then let them meet their own destruction. I'm telling you right now...may they be brought to their bitter end!
 I think it would be rather obvious at this point you know I am not out to "win" people, or manipulate crowds, trying to seek some type of approvals from others. If any of that were the least bit true or my "hidden intentions", then tell me, "Why would I be wasting my time with you telling you about the Glorified Christ?"
 
 Listen up, I really want you to get a grasp and get this through your heads and into your own hearts. The Gospel of Christ and that we adhere to is not presented from any human skills we might have...none whatsoever!
 The message of "Jesus Saves" came from no human source...even to myself. Like I have said before, I received the need to invite Him into my life....from the Master Himself!
 All of you know what I was like when I was totally into the Jewish religion. I went out of my way to harm and destroy God's church...remember what I used to say: "the only good Christian is a dead Christian!"
 And as far as enthusiasm to follow after the Jewish law and customs, I was advanced way beyond my years, head and shoulders above any of my peers in that "illustrious career".
 Yet, even before I was born, God had already chosen me, and called me by His marvelous Grace. He was so pleased about doing this He revealed His Dear Son, our Lord Jesus to me...in person!...so I would be convinced and now proclaim this Good News to all!

 Now when this experience changed my whole heart and life, I did not rush to anyone for counseling. I did not even go to Jerusalem to speak with the original Apostles of the Christian faith about the experience I had received on the road to Damascus.
 Instead, I laid low in Arabia, and then I returned to Damascus. In fact, it was 3 years before I even went to Jerusalem and there got to know Peter, who I stayed with for 15 days. The only other "original" I met was James, the Lord's brother, and that was it! I am telling you the absolute truth...that is really what happened!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment