Thursday, January 19, 2012

Learning How to Speak a New Way...Gleanings from Proverbs

I have a confession to make. I have a "mouth". I have got a lot of room to grow and practice on this....I am way too "cutting" when it comes to my reaction sometimes in daily conversation.
 Just the other day, I had a situation where I did not agree with someone else on a particular matter. We are friends mind you, but in this scenario the conversation got heated...then it went a little personal. The result was, this person says, "You go your way buddy...and I will go mine."
 Of course, being the "strong" Christian I am ( I mean that sarcastically), I responded: "Sure, that won't be a problem...in my mind you no longer exist."
 Real " Kodak moment" in Christ there...(again I am being sarcastic). Anyway, I have acknowledged before God this is not an acceptable behavior, and am willing to change. I will be seeing this person again very soon, we work together, and I am making my own heart right with the Lord and get help on how to address this "situation" I have gotten myself into.

So, thank God for Proverbs...got some pretty cool stuff on how to handle situations similar to mine. I do note that as the opportunity presents itself, which could be even today, asking forgiveness is a key component to the healing process with this individual.

 In Proverbs, a few Gleanings I will be "packing" as I go to work:

The first is from Proverbs 12:18, " Words spoken recklessly and rashly, can cut and maim like the sharpness of a sword, but when you choose to speak with Wisdom, your words can bring healing."

Gleanings from Proverbs 15:4, " When you choose kind and gentle words, it's power has healing, and is likened to a strong tree in life itself, but when you willfully choose to be contrary, using cutting and even deceitful words, it can crush another...it can really hurt them."


...and Gleanings from Proverbs 4:20-22, " Pay attention, Listen to the way God speaks, and keep your heart on His words. Let them penetrate your own heart and bring life to yourself and to those around you. In fact, as you practice and apply His words in your everyday life, His words contain tremendous power...power to heal!...and bring good health to others."

No comments:

Post a Comment