Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Message of Judgment...not a popular one I am quite sure!

These are the Gleanings from Isaiah 1: 1-14:

 " This is a vision from the prophet Isaiah. The vision is concerning Judah and its capital city, Jerusalem. This vision is particularly directed about the days when Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah were all kings of Judah.

 I call upon the heavens and the earth themselves to serve as a witness to what the Lord Himself is about to say: " I have nourished and brought up sons and daughters, I have cared for them, and I have caused them to be great and exalted among the nations. Yet, these very sons and daughters I have raised now make this choice: To rebel from Me, to "break away" and be "free", to "explore" other ways, other lifestyles, and to see the "beauty" in all manners of life.

 Even a dumb animal has better sense than that. Look at the ox, he is able to recognize it's owner, or the donkey, he is aware who feeds him. But, My people.....I'm afraid they don't know their head from their #@*%.
 It's really sad...and stupid...and shameful! My own people are loaded down with guilt...from all the iniquity that stems from their own hearts. Now, because of all that, they deal corruptly with one another, and show contempt...in fact they despise...Me!
 They have totally walked away from Me...all I see are their backs...fading away in the distance.

 I the Lord must ask: Are you simply gluttons for punishment? Perhaps you have injured yourself...maybe you have really injured your head(this time)...your brain is not operating at full capacity? Have you just become weak...too much junk food?

I mean...look at you! You look like "death warmed over"...you are a mess! You have wounds, bruises, and cuts all over you. The medicines and ointments you have been prescribed...not doing much are they? Maybe its some new strain of disease you have caught?...just no apparent cure for the moment....maybe that's it!

 And now look, foreigners are plundering all the places you live. Your country is in ruins. These foreigners are stripping your fields, destroying everything they can get their hands on!
 Look at "beautiful Jerusalem"...it kind of reminds Me of one of those lean-to huts you build while you are out harvesting a crop. Honestly, Jerusalem looks totally helpless...completely under siege.

 In fact, here is the real truth: if the Lord had not shown His kind mercy and spared some of you, the "Story of Judah" would have ended right here! It would be like "Sodom and Gomorrah...part 2". Close the book! Turn out the lights! It's over!

 So, I would say this to all you "fine leaders of Sodom": I have something I would like to convey to you! Shut down all your "Gomorrah classes"...you know, all that stuff where you hold hands and accept each other for who you are...there are many ways to God...in fact, there may be many gods to choose from....shut it all down...and listen up!
 Allow me to teach you something that really has value...believe Me, this is worth your time and effort to learn about this.

 First, let's look at what has happened. In fact, I will start off with a question: Whose idea was it to do a "frenzy of sacrifices" to Me, suggesting this is what I want from you?
 Ok, Clue #1: Don't you think I have had my fill of your "empty" burnt offerings? Do you actually think just because you have culled out some rams with no blemish, or calves that are well-fed and plump...that would be some "magical cure" to all that ails you? Have you heard the phrase; "Put your heart into it"?....that part seems to missing in all these sacrifices...and that is the first thing I look for!

 In fact, sometimes I feel like you think of me as some sort of vampire...that I thirst for the blood of bulls..or lambs..or goats. Tell Me, where did you ever come up with ideas like this?...Clue#2: Isn't that kind of what your "pagan friends" do and think?

 So, here you are...running like "chickens with their heads cut off", trying this "potion" or that "magical recipe" that might cause Me to grant a blessing your way....Are you serious? I taught you from the very start...our relationship is rooted in the heart...Clue#3:  I want you...not all your theatrics and drama!

 And then, you think if you can produce some sweet aroma that will reach My nostrils, somehow that may appease Me...and I will "Bless you my child" thing....I don't care about your aromas or your "Yankee Candles"...Clue#4: I want what is in you...your hearts!

 One more thing....all these "holy days" and "fasts" you honestly think will impress Me....don't, just don't. All this amounts to is avoiding the inevitable..and that brings Me to the the final Clue: Return to Me..with all your hearts!

Charades are over! No more religious trivia games (who cares where your lineage traces back to...I would be more concerned where YOU trace to...and that is IN ME).
 No more reports on the progress you are making in your monthly conference meetings...oh, and please...back off all these meetings, meetings, and more meetings!
 I am actually staring to get nauseated thinking about this:

 Don't you get it? I want you....My love is in knowing You......

No comments:

Post a Comment