Monday, April 23, 2012

To Dwell in the House of the Lord....

I have often heard people describe what a joy it will be when we "get there"...that being in Heaven! None of us have a "real clue" as to what will happen, but whatever the Father has planned...it is "gonna be good!"
 In the meantime, here are some really cool things we can do as we make our way there....

                                        Various "Gleanings" from the Sacred Scriptures

 In John 14:2-4, Jesus puts it in this way: " There is more than enough room...in My Father's Home. If it were not true, then why would I tell you there was?...and why would I be going to prepare a room...just for you?
 Now listen! When the room is ready for you, and trust Me...you will like this room!, I Myself, not an angel or servant in the House....Me!...I will come and get you! Then, together we shall live and be friends...forever!
 But as for now, search your own heart and follow it's leading, for your heart will direct you...to the very place I am going....that being...to My Father's Home."

Here are some more Gleanings from the Sacred Scriptures in reference to the Father's Home:

John 14:23: " If you really love Me...like you say you do, then here is how you will know that: you will keep My Word and the Words I have taught you...close to your heart.Then, you will discover the joy of doing what I have said for you to do, and you will make My Father's heart a heart full of joy...for you! In fact, before you get to His Home, He will come and find you...and together we will make a home...in your own heart!...as you continue in the "Homeward Journey!"

Psalm 23:6: "If I want a "sure thing" to happen in my life, and instead of me having to search for 3 of the Father's most close and personal friends: that being Mercy, Goodness, and Unfailing Love: then here is what I need to do.
 My daily life needs to center around these very words: "I will dwell in the Home of the Lord...every day of my entire life!"
 If I can keep this the "center of attention"; that is minute by minute, hour by hour, and day by day... then my own life will be overflowing with the blessings these 3 friends of the Father...are so adamant on getting to me!... for if I can do that, then they are now looking... to find me!"

Psalm 27:4: "Here then is what I need to be praying to the Father about...that is in regards to my own personal needs and wants. My prayer needs to go something like this:
 "Father, allow me to be insistently asking of You this one thing: in order for me to get the "most out of life", and for my life to have a fullness in its meaning. And that is... to dwell in Your very Presence, each and every day I live: to reflect, to meditate, to remember, and to keep a "visual" in my own mind of Your "sweet attraction"...to me!
  And not only that... to remember how You are constantly creating new ways to saturate me with Your delightful way of Love, and then for me to respond to the "gifts" You have sent me with prayers that originate from the depths of the "Book of my own heart."

Psalm 26:8: "For here is the thing, there is no better place for me to spend my time daily...then in Your Home...where You live! For it is there I know...from my very own experiences...that is where Your Glorious Presence...dwells!"

Psalm 65:4: "I can sense Your joy for me...I really can! In fact, just walking up the sidewalks...of Your very residence!...it's everywhere!
 Then, it is You who greets me at Your door...not a hired household person...it is really You! And Your Greetings carry with it no critical or harsh words! Instead, You look at me, lift off the burdens of sin I have been carrying, dispose of them, and look at me once more: now with Your arms open wide and You say to me: "Come in!....I have missed you...deeply!"

Psalm 84:4: "And once I have entered Your Home...Father, what joy awaits me!...for Your place simply "rocks" with the "Songs of Joyful Praise"...and all kinds of festivities...all day long!"

No comments:

Post a Comment