Monday, April 9, 2012

A Prayer of Direction...and Guidance

I don't know how being a Christian works for you, but for me, I find times where God seems to be up to something...and I can't quite "put a finger on it", or not able to see it happen from my "physical eyes".
  Yet....something is up...I just feel different about a current situation I am in....

      A Prayer of Guidance and Direction...with various Scripture Gleanings.....

"My King,
    It is in His Name I approach Your Throne, and that being the very Throne of Grace I have staked my very life on. First, it is my own sincere will that I do Your Will, even as the Scriptures dictate from Matthew 6:10:
  " Come and set up Your Kingdom in me, so that others may come to know and obey You, just as You are obeyed in heaven itself."

 Father, I no longer address worldly wisdom as my first choice of help, nor do I find my strength in that by itself, rather I come to You, and ask You would expose and strip from me any selfish motives, any personal lusts that I might have...whether it be a purely physical motive or one my eyes deceive me with. I also recognize my own accomplishments have no weight when it comes to wanting Your Will in my life, and what I seek You for is that Your purpose for me...be completed in me.
 For it is in this state You count me worthy of the Calling within me, and it is by Your Power every good purpose in all my actions will be prompted by my faith in You. For as it is written in 2 Thessalonians 1:11: "With this in mind, God has chosen me, and because of that, may His calling in my life fit  into my own daily life, which even that is His gift to me. I call upon God's very power, knowing that with this power He is able to complete every particular work He has for me, all those things received by my faith in Him, and with that I am able to find absolute trust and confidence in Him, with results pointing directly to the Power, the Wisdom, and the Goodness that is transferred from His heart into mine."

 So, through the One who died for me, I simply surrender myself to You, my King, as a very living sacrifice, that it may prove to myself and to others what is the good, the acceptable, and the perfect will of God. As it reads in James 1:5-8: " If any of you are not sure what you are doing, or not sure what to do, or perhaps how to do it...then ask of Him, for He is a generous and liberal God, and will give You good advice. And always remember, He answers you without ridicule, not pointing out all your faults, and He will not consider any request You may have as "stupid".
 And here's the thing; when you ask of God, do so by faith, having a total reliance that He not only hears your prayer...but He is faithful to answer your prayer!...not giving a 2nd thought that He might not.
 For if you pray a "worry-based" prayer, it shows you are unsettled, and your trust in Him is divided...because down deep you wonder if He will answer you...or not.
 The problem with  "worry-based" prayers is... with you...not God. For you see, these types of prayers are like a person that is in a storm at sea, and the waves and wind are blowing you back and forth, and you don't know whether you will make it...or not.
 As a result, God is not able to get through to you, because you are focused on what you see and feel, and then you end up imagining things, uncertain about things, and not able to anchor yourself on anything you deem reliable...even God's very answer for you..because you are focused on everything but His answer for you."

 So, Father, I do ask in faith, and look for Your Divine direction in my own life, and thank-you for your love and concern...for me.
 Father, I do seek out courage...courage to follow the steps You have for me, not out of fear, but in knowing, as it reads in 2 Timothy 1:7: "For God has never intended for us to have spirits that are timid and cowardice in nature, or cringing in fear.
 Rather, what He has given us are spirits that are trusting in His Power that is active among us, one that is birthed out of His Love for us, and one that is firm and carries with it a calmness and well-balanced life, with discipline and self-control."

 Father, it is in this love You have for me that I banish from my life a fear of You not loving me, even as it says in I John 4:18: " His love for us does not find its origin nor does it operate from things such as worry, or dread, or even fear itself. There is simply no room for it. Fear like that has a way of making you feel God is just looking for something...so He can punish you, or terrorize you. Thoughts like that makes it clearly evident you have yet to taste of God's deep love for you.
 Well-formed love banishes fear. Fear leads to a life that is crippling...and makes death to be an ugly monster...and judgment...even worse. If this is your concept of the Gracious God, step back...and learn of His love for you...there...at the Cross."

 Father, I just want to think...the way You think! As it states in 1 Corinthians 2:16: "For what it "all boils down to", who really knows what the Father has in mind...for us? Do you really think God Himself seeks guidance elsewhere about us before He can give us an answer?...I think not!
 Now, think about this: because of His Death...and His marvelous Resurrection, God the Father through our Lord Jesus, has given us access to understand the very thoughts of Christ Jesus, and to receive what He really thinks..about us!"

 So, Father, I ask that You would strengthen me to the path You have for me, for I have read this gate can be narrow, and sometimes difficult along its way to finding Your Life, and there are not many who find it, according to what I read in Matthew 7:14: "Don't look for ways that are marked: "Shortcuts to God". The market is full and overloaded with these, and other "formulas for success", stating things like: "how to have a successful life..that can be practiced...in your spare time!" Don't fall for all that stuff, yet sadly to say, many do.
 The real way to Life...to the very Throne of God is quite vigorous, sometimes difficult, and is a path that forces you to find it out of the pressures of daily life you may be facing. There is simply no way of getting around it: God's Way of Life does require...all of you...your complete and undivided attention!"

 So, Father, I rest in knowing You have heard me, and bare my heart to You, with an attitude of gratefulness and thanksgiving in my life, and remembering Your Words in Philippians 2:13: " Your strength, not my own strength, but the God-Strength living in you...is giving you, actually energizing and creating in you the very power , the very desire to be willing and to obey
His Will for you in your life, coupling that to the very fact this work within you will lead to His satisfaction and delight...giving Him the most pleasure...with You!"
                                                  
                                                                                                        Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment