Friday, February 28, 2014

Sometimes You Just Got to..."Regroup"

Life can "take-off" on ya...if you know what I mean. It seems you can be "calm and cool" one minute, and then things happen, often bringing confusion and sometimes disappointments...because we are all caught up trying to figure things out in our daily lives and particularly when things do not turn out the way we had hoped...it happens to all of us.....

 Jeremiah faced these types of scenarios. He got to a point where everything he had wanted to happen...did not happen...and as a result, he felt his life was a complete failure. Jeremiah had been hoping the people of Israel would turn their hearts completely over to the Lord when Jeremiah spoke to them...but...that really didn't happen.
 As a result, doubt began to creep into Jeremiah's life. It's easy to do, and we all have done it...sometimes repeatedly. The problem with doubt is it allows other matters that we face in our daily lives...to take control of us. As a result, our trust in Christ Jesus is challenged, and we begin to focus on these "other matters", trying to look for our own rational reasonings on how to overcome these matters which are often some form of adversity we face in our lives.
 Jeremiah fought with these type of thoughts. It's a lesson in life every believer in Christ faces in their lives...sometimes multiple times. 

 Here is what I have noticed when I face those times: I get so focused on finding a way of success on a particular issue I am facing, the simple acts of obedience to Him seems to get "lost in the shuffle". In other words, daily prayers, a time of worship, pondering on Scripture...all that seems to get set aside as I only long for one thing....how do I make my efforts successful. 
 I'm not saying it's wrong to seek solutions to daily encounters or problems we face in life, it's just that when I sacrifice my obedience to Him...it only enhances the problem I face.
 When Doubt begins to take a foothold in life, he brings his "friends" along with him. Doubt often leads to disappointments, self-pity, and even bitterness..especially when the results don't turn out the way I think they should.

 So...I got to "regroup".

 First, I got to take a little time and allow God to find entrance in my heart...examine all the stuff in there...and be still for a time and allow His thoughts to penetrate into...my thoughts.
 I need to remind myself of all the great things God has already done for me...and how He has remained faithful to me throughout my years of knowing Him, and He will continue to do things for me...again and again. This is not a time for me to allow my "emotions of the moment" dictate any decisions I am about to make.
 Then, as I return my focus to recognizing my need and dependence on Him, I become more determined to trust and honor Him by placing all of my issues in life...back into His hands. My concentration is then to...worship...and find ways to honor Him.

 God is wanting me to find my contentment...in Him, no matter how bad the situation is at the moment or how bad I have messed my life up...His first requirement is for me to release everything...over to Him. Then, as I gather His strength and kind of relax in His Presence, I am much more equipped and in a better mental state to take on the issues I may be faced with.

Easier said than done?...Sometimes...but it is the best way to go, at least in my mind. And honestly, I think Jeremiah came to this conclusion as well....

                                   A Gleaning from Jeremiah 29:11-14

 " Here then is where we need to begin: First, establish this in your very hearts and daily lives..." I the Lord am very much aware of your thoughts and the things you are going through. What you are not aware of is this: I know the plans I have for you...and these plans are good..not plans that give you over to Evil. The plans I have for you are for your very welfare and provide you with My peace. Your future is secure... a future full of hope...a future that includes success...and not one that is of never-ending suffering.
 In the days that lie ahead, make it your highest level of calling to seek and ask for Me in your life, and do this as friends, putting some trust into this and having a grateful heart of worship.
When we enter this type of friendship, I will not only hear you...I will walk with you...every step of the way. Because you have looked for Me with all your heart...in the midst of trouble and confusing times...You will have found I am with you the entire time.
 When our hearts come together like this, Your trust will be in knowing the "time of release", these issues and problems you face will no longer make you feel your are a captive, rather, it will be a time things will turn around and you will find the comfort you so desperately seek...in Me, and before your eyes is...the very homeland (the answers to the issues at hand)..that I have already arranged and given to you."

NOTE: Years ago there was a song sung by Simon and Garfunkel named: " A Bridge over 
Troubled Water". It's a beautiful song, and I have heard many sing this song...even in churches like choirs etc. There are various ways to look at the meanings that can be applied to our lives through the words of this song...and yet one that stands out for me: Every time I come to a place of "troubled water" in my life, there never seems to be a bridge to walk over...Christ Jesus prefers for Him and I...to walk right through...the troubled water. I don't know if He just doesn't like bridges or what (lol), yet regardless, we seem to make it ok...to the other side.

 As for Jeremiah, he lived during one of the most crucial periods of Jewish history. He actually saw the fall of Jerusalem and the destruction of the Temple. Much of his life he lamented over the terrible fate of his people, faced false prophets, and was physically persecuted. Through all this, Jeremiah still trusted the Lord and kept his heart focused on His promises.
 Although there are no real records as to when or where he may have died, it is written the Babylonians (who destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple) showed great kindness to Jeremiah and gave him his choice as to where he might have chosen to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment