Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Gay/Lesbian Issue...within the Christian Faith: "Are we facing a "Worship Disorder"...part 4

I then looked at Sister Diane and said: "Well, I am not sure what you mean. I really don't attend church anymore, yet I don't go around "bashing" those who do. You have to understand, I am really not a religious type of guy...I just struggle through life...like everyone else."

 Sister Diane then responded: "Good! Because I am a nun... doesn't mean I am religious either. What it does mean...or should... is...I have dedicated myself to Christ Jesus. What I am asking you is: Have you prayed and asked Jesus to forgive you of your sins, and allow Him to enter your heart and life?"
 I thought about what she had said and replied: "Well, if you put it like that...I would have to say "No"...I haven't done anything like that. Honestly, I think of God more like someone who keeps a "scorecard", and if the bad outweighs the good...you are in some serious trouble. What would be the purpose of doing what you are saying if you don't "walk the walk" anyway?"
 Then, Sister Diane spoke and said: "Have you ever considered the fact...we can never "walk the walk"?...at least not on our own merits. It is one of the biggest lies within the very framework of the Christian church. Otherwise, if you could...why would have Jesus had to come...and die for us? The Truth is...we cannot. The only way we can is when we recognize we are destined to be sinners...all of our lives...and no matter how hard we try...we are still sinful. The only way out...is to ask God to forgive us of our sins....and allow Jesus to come into our hearts...first as our Savior...and as time goes on...our Lord."

 Then I said to her: "So...what do you think I can do?" She replied: "Let's pray...and change that...right now."
 So, she grabbed my hands, asked me to look directly at the moon (which was so clear that night), and requested I pray the words as she spoke them. Her only other request...I have to be serious about it...have some meaning to it when I pray with her, and trust it really works. 
  And that is exactly what happened...I prayed with Sister Diane and asked God to forgive me of my sin...and to come into my heart and life...and make His Home...in me.

  That night there were 7 of us that experienced this "prayer of transformation", and then the 3 nuns left, walking down the street...singing some song I was unfamiliar with...then. Later, I recognized that song that included these words: "Glory and Praise to our God...who alone gives Light to our days, many are the Blessings they bear...to those who trust in His Name....".

 Since that day, many of us has lost contact with one another, one I know has passed away. Yet, since that night on July 7th, 1971....7 lives were changed. For some, they went ahead...launched careers, had families, and carved their futures. Others did not really do anything about this new Friend, and there were some like myself, faced a future marred in divorce and some failures, leaving this Friend Sister Diane had so passionately spoke and introduced me to.

 One of the "Magnificent 7" (lol)...was a guy named was Chris...actually he preferred "Christopher", He was gay.....


No comments:

Post a Comment