Friday, November 22, 2013

A Moment to Remember....

It was a weird day...I was in 3rd grade at Lincoln school, my teacher...Mrs. Slusser, came into the room and she was crying...I had never seen a teacher cry before.

 Everyone started to swell up in tears...and we didn't even know why. Then, she gathered herself and said: "Our President is dead."

 Then I heard the school buses coming to the front of the school...they were sending us home.

 As I walked down the halls, there were teachers, mothers, and others...all crying.....

November 22nd, 1963








Also of note...the great Christian writer C.S. Lewis passed away on the same day: He wrote of Death seven years earlier: " The term is over...the holidays have begun. The dream has ended...this is morning!"

No comments:

Post a Comment