Thursday, July 12, 2012

Seems to be 2 Kinds of People....

As I grow older (or mature as some like to say), I notice there are basically 2 kinds of people: 1) those that sees and feels the needs of others and 2) those that have a burning drive to invent something, make things better, perhaps write thoughts that help encourage mankind, take a leadership role when the times demand it,  or something that is positive in the development of society.

 People are born...and people die. It's the way life was made, and our short tenure (whether it be 30 years or 100 years) pass by much more quickly than you think, particularly as you grow older. Abraham Lincoln supposedly said: "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count, but the life in your years." Whether Lincoln truly said that or not, it certainly bears truth.

 I guess my point in all this...is I notice how easy it is to get fixated on ourselves, the everyday elements and situations we face, and do not see what others are going through. I don't say this while pointing a finger, for I too am one to get so focused on what I am doing, others can be "crying and/or hurting" and I ignore them completely. In fact, I am personally so "tunnel-vision" on everyday life, a "multi-task" situation can disrupt me...totally!
 I don't mean to do this on purpose ( at least not all the time), and I have to combat with the trust factor...you know..."what is this person really after....they are just trying to "sucker me in" to some sob story etc.

 Yet, the truth remains...people are hurting...around me, and to be blunt..."I don't care...at least not enough to help alleviate some of their struggles and pain."
 The reason this is becoming more of importance to me is...because of my Christian faith. I gave my heart and life to Christ Jesus, and have watched while He has demonstrated His love for me in numerous ways. I have many reasons to give to Him honor and praise for the things He has done for me personally. And here is the thing....I am still learning to "Follow Him". I have blown it, fallen to sin(s) that I KNOW "ain't right", disagreed with things written in the Sacred Scripture, and of course my all-time favorite...simply ignore Him ( I'm busy you know...yea right)...I mean if you ignore someone long enough, then you can use the excuse: "Oh, I didn't realize that is what you meant"....or even more stupid, along with the fact  I am "lying through my teeth"..." I didn't know anything about this".

 I think the greatest form of sharing the love of Christ Jesus to others is...being there to assist the best we can at their point of need...when a person is down or hurting. I look at my own life and think: "Isn't that what He did for me?....in fact, He really hasn't stopped doing it since we became friends."
Forgiveness : Woman wrapped in a chain
 Maybe I am a little "oversensitive" to this thought, but lately I have been running into people that are out of money, or don't have enough to put groceries on the table, running their cars on "fumes" because they can't buy gas until their next paycheck....stuff like that.
 And honestly, most of these people I could read a "riot act" on how they misused the funds they had and point out why they are in their current position....but then there is this friend of mine, Christ Jesus Himself. Did He read me the "riot act" when I came to Him on my knees and nowhere to turn?...Did He drill me on how "stupid" I was, or did He want me to "set up some plan where I have to pay Him back for the mess I am in?"
 The answer: No! He took me in, turned my life toward Him...and I have not looked back since.

 Just a passing thought.... oh, here is a couple more thoughts on this:

 We have all heard the phrase "Give until it hurts"... and it has valor to its meaning...yet, I am finding when I give...not to give because it hurts me...but give because I can actually feel the hurts in others...yea, it gets through my selfish way of looking at life and His love takes me beyond...myself! I would classify that as "a miracle".

 I have always been fond of Mother Theresa, simply because of her endurance on reaching out to others. In one of her writings she said: "If you want poverty to disappear, share what you have." I would say this: If you want others to meet Him, be there when others need you.

 One more thing: the Sacred Scriptures declare this out of 2 Corinthians 9:7,

    In a Gleaning format: "Each of us needs to make-up our own minds...when to give, where to give, how much to give, and all that. But here is your benchmark: don't give feeling sorry about doing so, or that someone is "twisting your arm" to do so, all God asks of you is simply to learn the Art of Giving...with joy and cheerfulness...and embraced in His love. After all, isn't that how He treats you?"                            And if you happen to get one of these...all the better!                                                                                                                
  Forgiveness : brief 'thank you' on the background of a flower Stock Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment