Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Journey....continues....

As I take some time to understand the meaning of "being there for others", I now come to a place I am a little familiar with....in fact, he is one of my favorites from the Sacred Scriptures...it's John...John the Baptist...I call him John the Baptizer. Cool guy! He is one of those guys I want to meet when I get there...along with Paul and the one people call "Doubting Thomas"...but I think when we do get there we will find Thomas was far from doubt. Well, along with those 3 I can't wait to meet Queen Esther...anyway, back to John the Baptizer...

 During the time Christ Jesus was here among us, I mean, He loves us so much He became one of us...there was talk going on about his good friend and relative John...John the Baptizer.
 "Have you heard about the crazy Desert Preacher?"
" I heard he eats bugs!"
"He called the Pharisees a "brood of vipers"...is he nuts?...or what?"
"Some say he might even be Elijah...no, I'm talkin' THE Elijah...he's back!"

 John's mission was to prepare the way for Jesus...and he did!...Mission accomplished...Big Time!
 John in what I have gathered of him was a perfection of humility. I know John has often been portrayed as some "wild man coming out of the desert", that has a crazy and fiery look in his eyes that would "freak" people out just seeing him...but I think that is so wrong...it is just religion trying to make people different than what they really are.

John the Baptizer understood his mission from the very beginning...and it was all about helping others get ready...for the One who Comes! In Matthew, John says some simply amazing stuff...here is my Gleaning of Matthew 3:11:

 " I baptize you with water... because you are in need of repentance. By doing so, this gives you the chance to think about life, change your minds for the better, and give the coming Kingdom a chance to operate in your life.
 But let me tell you...you haven't seen anything yet. The One who Comes is the main attraction...He is the One you really need to adhere to. He will take you places that dreams are made of, and as for me...I am not even worthy to be His slave and carry His sandals.
 Here is why: the plans He has for each of you will take you much farther than the Jordan River ever could. He will instill a fire...inside of you. He will baptize you as well...but His baptism is pure...raw...power! This power comes from the Holy Spirit...
This power is unlike anyone  has ever seen before...and  you will never see  anything like this again...believe me..the Holy Spirit is about to "light you up"!"

 The Sacred Scriptures have mirror images of the Holy Spirit before...in the Old Testament. He would descend upon certain individuals throughout history...sometimes literally changing its course..for our own good. But this one is going to be different...John the Baptizer is preparing the way for Christ Jesus to instill us with a power from within...that will remain in us for a lifetime.
 We have read where Moses prepared Joshua, David prepared Solomon, Paul prepared Timothy and Titus...but this "Dynamic Duo" is the ultimate! John the Baptizer preparing the way for Christ Jesus...this is the One we have been looking for!

 So, as I take this "journey" to learn how to help others...what better teacher could I have than John the Baptizer. And when you think about his life, his accomplishments, and his motives for doing so...there is only one word that keeps coming to the surface: HUMILITY.
 In order to reach out and help others, "you gotta have it." You have got to know the source of true power...adhering to, trusting in, and acknowledging Him...He's the One! He is the One we depend on for life itself!

 John the Baptizer demonstrated clearly the Gospel of Christ Jesus is more important than any one person. John knew the "passing of the torch" wasn't just a "band-aid" for the next generation of Israel...this was the biggest Eternal move of all time...and by doing so is able to destroy the works of evil. When Jesus came forth, the Underworld was quite aware there was only one move left...and Heaven would declare "Checkmate...sucker...My own Son is bringing you down!"

 John was not only humble, but mature and understood where Jesus was coming from. Look at Matthew 11:11, and see here how Jesus describes John the Baptizer. A Gleaning of Matthew 11:11:
 "I am telling you "straight up", there has never been anyone born in all history that stands "taller" than John the Beloved Baptizer. Yet, with all that going for him, he doesn't "hold a candle" to what I am about to give you...for I am giving you... Me! If you just stop at John's message, anyone entering the Kingdom will be greater than you...including John. You got to keep coming...till you get to...Me!"

 And John...he took no offense whatsoever...why?...because that is what he wanted too!...the Messiah...the One who Comes! He had spent his whole life in the desert...getting ready for the "magical moment"...when it all comes together....and Life gushes forth.

 John the Baptizer understood his role in life...and he knew the limits of where his message would take him. John seemed to look upon Christ Jesus and we as believers as a kind of marriage, and at that moment in time John was the...best man.
 Now, as the marriage is about to consummate, John knew exactly what to do...and makes a lasting comment before he is about to meet his end: perhaps the most beautiful humble remarks ever recorded in all of history...it comes from John 3:30 and this too is in Gleaning form:

 "My joy and pleasure are now made complete. This is...His Time, the assigned moment where He becomes the center of every one's attention, while I now step back and allow Him the honor that is due Him. I will simply decrease from this great moment, while He...He will increase...so all might come to know Him!"

 It wasn't too much later, John gave the ultimate...his very life for the One he believed and trusted in.

 I don't know if there will ever be another like him, I think as the saying goes: "when God made this mold, He broke it in pieces after He had made one..."

This journey I am on...makes me realize from perhaps the best example man has ever had in relation to Christ...the source for helping others.....is Him!
 When John saw Him coming to the River Jordan, he announced: "Behold, the Lamb of God...who takes away the sins of the world."
                                       Right on...John!

No comments:

Post a Comment