Monday, June 25, 2012

The Journey Begins: "Givin' it Up"

Do you ever "feel" for somebody and you're just not sure what to do? Maybe someone close to you is going through some pretty "tough stuff" in daily life, and you just "feel" for them. No words seem to help, no answers come from your lips.....you are just there...with them.

Then, you think to yourself, "Jesus"...He knows what to do....but how do I know what Jesus wants...and more importantly...how does the person "going through it" get comfort and direction from Christ Jesus...especially if you are not even sure if they know each other? I mean, I know Jesus and I don't know for sure, what chance does someone have that don't even know Him?...at least as far as you know.

 There was something my own Pastor said this week in his message that keeps echoing in my mind. He said when you are going through life and everything is Ok, at least for the moment, and there are no "turbulent things" confronting you, the "storms of life" have settled down for a bit, this is the time to practice and to gear up for your next encounter. And, the "next encounter" may not be in your own life, but in the lives of those around you. It is during these less turbulent times you gear up in prayer (for others), in meditating on His Word, and having your mind off yourself so you can listen to the "cry" of others.

 This kind of made sense....in fact, it really "hit home."

So, I have decided to take a little journey. The motive for this journey is not for myself, but for others. I want to know how...I can help...be there in their time of need and desperation. I want to know what to do and/or say if need be, and be an influence so when they decide and discover for themselves to invite Christ Jesus as their friend....it will have some "root"...you know what I'm talkin' about...a life changing moment that makes a permanent difference.

 So, what do I do?....First thing on the agenda.....
Oh...this is kind of interesting...a Gleaning from Matthew 11:28-29

 "Hey!...Look at you! You are carrying some pretty heavy stuff there... you are way overloaded. Listen, if you can let go...I'll take them...all of them...just got to let go.
 I am here...and I will help you...in fact, if You give Me all you have, I will give You all I have. Sound fair? The things I will give to you...is nothing like all the heavy things you are carrying...Mine are light, easy to carry, in fact you will find them quite enjoyable because they will become a source of strength for you.

 My way of life will help you find and recover your own life, and the process is quite tranquil, because My Peace and My Rest are your guides.
 Come, stand up, feel a little lighter now that all those burdens are off you?...Come, Walk with Me...learn to "work life" My Way...watch Me...let My Peace and Rest embrace you.

 Let it all come...to you...let the "Rhythms of My Grace" find the music that works for you...I will give your life new meaning...a new sound...something you hadn't heard before...and yet something you have always yearned for.

 When you let go of those "burdens" you encounter in life, and pass them on to Me...it proves beneficial to all parties. For I will discern each one you bring to me, give you some "how to" and "what to do next" stuff...and when the moment arrives, you will have all the tools necessary to help the situation...the ability to help another and show them how to do what you are doing now....giving it all to Me.

 I just need a chance...like the one you are giving Me now...I know...gotta put some trust out there...and that's Ok....you will find Me gentle of heart...and I am washed in humility."

A Prayer for "The Journey...for Others"

 "The Lord of the Rest: I come to You, and pause. I take this time to let go...my failures, my ego, my worries for others, my fears of the future, my kids,....there is alot of stuff here...and You want it all?
 My arms...they ache. My tryin' to be good...that hurts too...I keep messin' up and failing You.
Ok, this is Your idea...I am dumping all this...on You. Sorry about the mess...but that is because I'm such a mess.
 My brains are a "little fried" too....I just can't figure life out....You want in there too?....Man, do you realize that "world is not based on any common sense...kind of a wacky world...Ok, Yes, the door is open...be careful...there is alot of junk sitting here...I don't want you to trip.

 Lord of the Rest: You want it all...including my heart....well, here it all is...and it "ain't pretty"...and You are giving to me Your Peace and Your Rest...just because I let You in?
All I have to offer You is a heartfelt thanks!
                                             You say: "That is exactly what You are looking for?
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment