Sunday, June 30, 2013

I'm takin' this personal.....

Psalm 138 is another possible psalm written be David....although some Bible scholars think this psalm may have been written long after David passed away.......

 This happens to be one of the Psalms where the writer refers to the God of Israel as "Lord". This is a special title one gives to Him...because in Hebrew this has a very personal title...a "personal covenant name".
 This covenant name "Lord" is special and unique because its meaning derives from the relationship a person has with God. It involves an agreement that declares: 1) God agrees to always love and help His people and 2) the people agree to love and obey Him...with all their hearts.
 Another facet of calling God "Lord" is that it takes on a more intimate and close relationship between God and man. When the word "Lord" is spoken, it serves as a reminder to His people that He will: 1) never give up on us and 2) He is always there to help us.

 Our part in our relationship with the Lord reminds me of the verse in Saint Matthew 8:4, where Jesus speaks to the man who He had just cleansed of leprosy and said: " Go worship the Lord the way Moses instructed you to do so. Quietly present yourself before the priest, along with the offering that goes along with this (lambs with flour mixed with olive oil), for this will be the appropriate expression of worship and gratefulness for what He has done for you. In fact, it is out of a grateful heart of your healing...that will bear witness of who I Am. Words are not needed... it will not be necessary to say anything to anyone, for your healing and devotion to the Lord...will be the evidence needed to declare who I Am."

                                 A Gleaning from Psalm 138:8

 " Lord, kindness and mercy are a part of Your very Name! I know from the depths of my own heart that it is Your plan to perfect, complete, and finish my life You and You alone have designed. In fact, it is when I come in line with Your thoughts and plans You originally intended for me that I discover....who I really am.
 I know Your love for me is eternal...because it is what Your heart desires to do! Because I am now aware of desire You have for me....I know You will not abandon me...You will not desert me...and You will never give up on me.
 How do I know this?...Because I was made....out of Your very hands!"

No comments:

Post a Comment