Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I Think King David...had an understanding...about Easter

Psalm 62 is a Davidic Psalm...this psalm was given to the Jeduthun Singers...to put these words into song.
 I think this Psalm embraces why we celebrate Easter. Jesus message was clear: to humble ourselves and put our trust...in God.

 In this Psalm, David "makes himself strong" in the Lord. What does that mean?
I think David knew a little about himself...he knew there were times in his life  he was weak, he might be ill, or he might be afraid about certain situations that had developed in his life.
 The choice he made to overcome these times in his life....was crucial to his success in life. He was honest with himself and was humble enough to recognize his need and dependence for the Lord...who was his only hope.

 David uses the word "only" numerous times in this Psalm, particularly in verse 6 and 7. He knew that putting his confidence in only himself and his own abilities were nothing more than false securities and false hopes.

 He knew the importance of...Waiting on God...and letting Him put life's goals, direction, and even our daily lives into His Hands...letting Him have "the lead", and letting God put it all together....

                          A Gleaning from Psalm 62

 "God...the One and Only...this is where I have decided to rest...and wait. I will remain silent and not make any moves...until I hear from Him. I am committing myself to waiting...until He is ready. I know when I do this...the victories in my life are formed, and all my answers come....by waiting and resting in...Him.
 After all, He means everything to me. He has become my Rock...and my Salvation. He is my Defense, and my impregnable fort, and because I have come to realize this...I cannot be moved....I cannot be shaken, and the security of trusting in Him...is the key for my success in life.

 So, here I am. 

 All these enemies setting themselves up against one man...that would be...me! All of them making great plans...to kill me!
 In their eyes I may even look like an old broken- down fence or wall, or a wall that is seriously leaning...with me sitting on the top of the wall tottering to keep my balance.
 And here are their plans: they will still talk to me...like we are real "buds", but their real motive is to knock me to the ground and totally humiliate and dishonor me.
 They even say "blessings" to me with their lips...but inwardly?...I am nothing more than a "cuss word" to them. And they even speak kindly to me...while spreading all kinds of lies about me to others. I can "feel" their hatred towards me, coming from their very hearts, and I can see through their "game", because the Lord is my Strength and my Sight! There is nothing real about these so-called friends...for honestly...they are my enemies. Selah(pause...give yourself some time to think about this).

 Only God can help me. I choose to "lay-low", waiting only for my God. For it is only God who gives me inner peace, and all my hope and expectation can only come...from Him.
 Not only that, here is something else I have learned: God is my only Rock of Salvation, He is my only One who can keep me safe, and He is my only fortress...where I remain secure.
 Along with this, I have learned that my victories can only come from trusting in God...and God alone. Only God can crown me with honor, only God gives to me His unyielding Strength, and only God shields me with His impregnable Hardness. God is my true refuge...where no enemy...no enemy...can reach me!

 So, if you want some good advice...I can tell you what I have learned: Trust in Him, Trust in the Lord...at all times! Share with Him your concerns about life...and put your heart and emotions into it! He is your only place of true safety. Selah ( pause...give yourself some time to think about this).
 And take some time to understand this: our whole lives as a human are only a breath in the eyes of God, and there is not one of us who can add the word "Great" to our name. The reality of life is this: Without Him active in our everyday affairs, our lives are pretty much useless...like a puff of hot air. In the weights and balances of life, our lives and all our accomplishments...are lighter than air on His scales. We are nothing more than a mirage...without Him.

 One more piece of advice: Don't put your focus or your trust in making a living by extortion or oppression of others. Don't for a moment think stealing, violence, or dishonesty will cause your lives to be wealthy.

 God has spoken to my own heart...and has made 2 things clear to me: 1) All of our strength comes from our God...the only God, and 2) Only God is capable of being kind and merciful...and He wants us to share His way of Life with others by showing His love, His mercy, and His kindness to others....there are rewards in doing so......" 

No comments:

Post a Comment