Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Yea...I'm a Christian alright....

I have found being a Christian...has nothing to do with being "religious" or being "on top of things in everyday life"...all the time....

 A Confession:

 Last night at work...I got a little tense on the particular job I have....and to be more specific...the things that cause me to become...frustrated.
 In fact, lately I have been working through this thought: Identify areas that I allow to make me become angry or frustrated...BEFORE I get to that point...and find other avenues to avoid the "confrontation" within myself.
 Anyway, I didn't exactly score an "A" last night...I "blew"...and said some words I later regretted. I am ever grateful that Christ's work on the Cross and in my life is permanent...and has the power to overcome any and all situations...like this one. In fact, it turned out kind of ironic and in some ways comical.

 Here is what happened:

 I used the phrase "God Dammit"...which by the Grace of God I rarely use anymore...if for no other reason that is probably the last thing you want God to do when in a problematic situation. Anyway, as I spoke this out, a guy happen to be walking by and overheard my outburst.  He looked at me and said: "Joe...it's not His fault."
 A few minutes later...this guy came by again and I said to him: " You know you are right. I stand corrected. It is not His fault, forgive me for trying to take it out...on Him."
 This guy then looked at me and said: " I am an atheist...all I know is it wasn't God's fault because He is not a real person anyway."

 Ok...I thought to myself: "Great!...Not only do I get "caught in the act"...but He sends an atheist to assist me to stand corrected." lol

 I then looked at this guy and said: " Well, I do believe in God, I do enjoy reading and studying the Scriptures, and I even enjoy going to church...yet, obviously you would not have known any of that by my behavior. I just want you to know that in my beliefs I was totally wrong...forgive me."
 Then, the guy smiled and said: "Wow...this God allows you to mess up? I accept your apology...because of the God you believe in."

Hmmm? Maybe this story is not over......

No comments:

Post a Comment