Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Is There a "Babylon" part 2... Coming?......

The Book of Ezekiel...some say it is a difficult book to really grasp......

 Ezekiel was a Biblical prophet who lived between 600 and 500 B.C. Historians of the Sacred Scripture say the Book of Ezekiel was probably written sometime between 593 and 556 B.C. In those days the Israelites had been conquered by the Babylonians, forced to leave their homeland and march 700 miles to be held captive and put into slavery in the great city of Babylon. Imagine, marching out of Jerusalem and into the dry desert, looking back over their shoulder...only to see... the Temple...where their God lives...burning...to the ground.

 Ezekiel was called by the Lord God to what I would consider a tough task. Israel had become an exceedingly sinful people and a hopeless society with internal strife and struggles. The poor had been neglected, narcissism had almost become a "god",  pride and vanity had replaced humility and having a repentant type heart.
 What Ezekiel had been called to do was: 1) to bring to his people the need for repentance and 2) to follow-up repentance with a restored hope and give them a renewed confidence in their God and the belief He can rescue them.  
 In the early part of Ezekiel it reads:

 "And He said to me: "Ezekiel, I am sending you to our family...the people of Israel. Both Judah and Israel have this in common: They have grown to be rebellious nations...against Me and what I stand for. They are stubborn ( a sin born in witchcraft), hard headed, and their own hearts are hardened as well...in love with their own sins. 
 This is what I will have you say to them...but first, you must understand this. They may not even want to hear the message you are about to announce from Me...but that's ok...they will soon understand this, it is I the Lord God, who is the Author of the message I give you.
 And don't be in fear of the reactions you might receive...and don't be afraid of anything they might say to you. In fact, you might feel like you are in the middle of a large bush of thorny briers, or wake-up feeling like there are scorpions all around you...even in your own bed! Don't let their looks(painted warlike faces or tattoos "threatening anyone who comes near") frighten you as well.. These people have become a "nasty-lookin'" bunch!
 I just want you to speak these words that come from Me regardless if they want to hear...or not. Whether they listen to you or not...is not your concern....it is Mine! These people are "seasoned" rebels.  A Gleaning from Ezekiel 2: 3-7

 In Ezekiel chapters 8 through 11, the prophet receives a vision from the Lord and the message he is to deliver. The chapters go into detail how the Temple in Jerusalem had become grossly profane...with idol worship, sacrificing animals to "no-name" gods, and even the false god Tammuz had found a place to lodge near the Temple...giving honor to the sun...the sun which the Lord Himself had created. God finds all this so profane He Himself has had to walk away from all the filth.
 In Ezekiel 11, the prophet is told to prophesy against these men who "study iniquity" and "frame together" wicked counsel.

 Note: In my years of having a blog to share the Sacred Scripture with others and to present it in a way that comes from my own heart, I have always rejected in both mind and heart to "flee from anything negative" and "run with all my heart" from suggesting anything in the future.
 Yet, in recent months, particularly the last 6 or so, I am so overwhelmed with this thought I can no longer keep it inside of me.
 As I have begun to look at the prophet Ezekiel...my heart keeps almost "screaming" there is something parallel now as to what happen back then.

 I hope I am totally wrong...and you can write me and say: "Boy, you missed it there dude!" And that is ok, it is better for me to declare this than to hold it in any longer. In my own country, of which I love, and perhaps you have the same feelings for your place of origin, things are not right...I don't mean economically, or which leader is over your country...it's deeper than that.
 Things are not right.."in the Spirit" for lack of a better phrase...and I am completely convinced there is some sort of "Babylonian Invasion" that is soon to take place. I am not saying the world is about to end, or even a country is about to be destroyed. What I am saying there is a national need of repentance that I believe will have grass roots beginnings...and whatever may be coming...will eventually be for the good of our nation.

 I am going to "hang around" in Ezekiel for a while....there are answers for myself...and perhaps for others too...I think we are going to need them!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment