Thursday, May 17, 2012

Anger...Is it a bad thing...or is there some good things about anger?

Anger...now this is a subject to give some thought to....

 Usually, when the word anger is brought up...it comes with a negative implication, and often times that is a correct assessment. Yet, there are times one can justify anger....I think it is referred to as " a righteous anger". The problem comes when a person justifies their anger by saying it is a "righteous anger",  the truth of it is...they are not being righteous at that moment nor is it really anger...they are just flat mad! Now, is there a difference between being mad and having anger? Hmmm? I just thought about that...I need to check this out...I just perked my interest! See, I am just a simple guy...doesn't take much to get my attention.

 Here is something for the guys who have girlfriends or wives: If you want to send yourself "straight to hell"...in fact I dare you to try this one. The next time your wife or girlfriend is upset over something (especially something you messed up or didn't do that you were suppose to), go get the biggest Bible you have in your home, open the Scripture to Proverbs 21:19, and read it loud (with a little passion)...in fact give it a little "affectionate touch" and read aloud: "Honey, the Bible says: It's better to live alone in the desert than with a quarrelsome, ill-tempered, or complaining wife."
               Then: Prepare to meet Jesus...your work on earth is done! (lol).

Ok then: anger. Anger is defined: "A strong feeling of dislike or a displeasure. It is a resistance to a mistreatment of yourself or someone else. It can be hostile when expressed."
 For those of you who have a curious nature in them, "mad" is defined: " A wildly, excited, disorderly, foolish, and often rash state of mind. Often there is no logic to its flare-up and in certain cases is found wildly amusing."
 So, there is a distinct difference. Anger is capable of being in a controlled state, being mad does not carry that luxury. I would conclude "mad" is never a good thing...but anger...I need to look at that a little more.

 Ok, here is a "bigee" people often use when relating to anger: "Jesus was angry...He beat up those money changers in the Temple...right?" So, I need to take a look at what really happened there and see what triggered Jesus to get angry....and yes, He was angry....but 1) What was He angry about? and 2) Did He actually use a whip on anyone?. There are some other things I can think of to look at....but allow me to start with these 2.

First, often times in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John), events that took place during Jesus time on earth are not always recorded in all 4 Gospels. Also, some things written about a certain event is covered in much more detail in one Gospel than in another.
 Well...this event was "big news". All 4 Gospels wrote on this one: kind of like a "press release",  some news is "no big news" while others everyone is there: CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, BBC,....you name it...they are there!
 Jesus getting angry...got every one's attention! So, I start here.

My first question: What was Jesus really angry about? My second question: Is God allowed to get angry like that?

But for now, I have to wrap this up: I have to go to work....that makes me a "little angry"...but, I'm not mad! (lol)

P.S. I know I am writing from a strictly guy's perspective...feedback from women are deeply respected and most welcome...where would "guys" be today without the influence of a woman?...hmmm? I wonder if Adam thought about that? Just kidding!!!
E-mail: moriahjg7@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment