Friday, February 24, 2012

Queen Esther makes her move...Gleanings from Esther 5

Haman is being set up...big time! This guy forgot what the "Power of Love" can do...Celine Dion knew of the power!  Like the adage goes: "Never under estimate the power of a woman"! He is so "possessed" in destroying Mordecai, he was not even aware of his demise.
 Queen Esther meanwhile is trusting God, realizing coming into the king's presence could bring life....or it could bring death.
 This Queen is so cool....
       the Gleanings of Esther 5...


"On the 3rd day of the fast, Esther dressed herself in a Royal manner, standing in the inner court of king Xerxes, adorned in all her robes.
 She was actually standing across from the king's great hall. King Xerxes was seated so he could see directly to the entrance of his hall...and there...there she was...his eyes beheld her...in all her splendor...in all her beauty!
 Without a moment's thought, the king's heart simply melted at her sight, and she gained entrance...with the king's favor! The king immediately lifted his scepter and the beautiful Queen Esther approached and touched his scepter.
 Then, the king now totally mesmerized by her beauty and her character, spoke up and asked Queen Esther, " My Beloved Queen Esther, I am graced by your presence. What is on your mind, what desire can I help fulfill for you? Even at this moment, if you would ask me for 1/2 my kingdom, it is already yours!

 Queen Esther then approached the king, speaking with humility and out of respect, said: " If it would please you, my beloved king, I would ask both you and Haman come to a dinner I have prepared...in Haman's honor!"
 The king, still awestruck by Queen Esther, immediately spoke to his servants, "Get Haman...now! We are requested for dinner by my beautiful queen!"
 So, the king and Haman joined Queen Esther for the dinner she had arranged.

  The king, while being served wine, spoke once again to his gorgeous Queen, "My most lovely queen, what is it you want of me? I tell you...whatever it is...it is yours! 1/2 my kingdom? My darling, it is already yours!"
 Queen Esther then replied: " My beloved king, if you really insist, I will tell you what I ask for...in fact, it is my deepest wish! For if I am pleasing to you, and you find love in your heart for your faithful queen, then here is what I ask. I ask that you grace me with your presence in a banquet I have prepared for you...tomorrow! I also ask you bring Haman, your trusted advisor...with you. With both of you there, my heart would be pleased. Then, if my king would allow, I will discuss and reveal to you what is truly on my heart."

 Meanwhile, Haman was estactic from the Queen's request as he left the evening dinner. Yet, as Haman proceeded for home, he passed Mordecai who continued to refuse to stand as Haman walked by, in fact Mordecai totally ignored Haman as he went to his home. This caused a great inner rage in Haman...toward Mordecai, but Haman kept his emotions under control and went on home.
 When Haman arrived home, he immediately gathered his friends and his wife, Zeresh, to tell them of the news.
 Without hesitation, Haman went into a speech before them, bragging of all the apparent accomplishments he had done, starting with all the wealth he had accumulated, and all of his many children...including 10 sons!
 But he didn't stop there, Haman went on to boast of his favor with the king, all the promotions he had received, and the position he now holds...Chief Advisor to the King himself!
 Oh wait...there is more from Haman...."And that's not all!" Haman announces; " Queen Esther invited me to dinner...and only the king and I were asked to attend! And, she is so impressed with me, she is having a banquet tomorrow...and again!...only the king and myself are invited!"

 "But", Haman concluded on his self-honored speech, "With all this favor from the king and queen, and all the things I have been able to achieve...MORDECAI!! These banquets mean nothing when I even hear that name! Every time I pass the Royal Gates....I want to slay him on site!"
 So, his wife Zeresh proposed an idea to Haman and all his friends. "Listen!" she exclaimed. " Here is what you should do! Have some of our servants prepare a pole...as much as 75 feet high...and have it sharpened on one end. Then, in the morning...ask the king to have Mordecai impaled...on this pole! Then, you can go to the banquet Queen Esther has prepared for you and the king...and have no more thoughts about this...MORDECAI!" (Note: now this is one ruthless woman...right out of a Stephen King novel...how would you like to have someone like this to greet you each morning...don't even get close to any pole!).
 Haman really liked the idea Zeresh and all his friends had proposed...and ordered his servants to start on the project immediately!"


No comments:

Post a Comment