Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Passing Thought...Gleanings from John 16:31-33

Sometimes my witness for Christ in everyday life is not when I think I need to tell someone about Jesus (and there is certainly nothing wrong with that...please...that is cool too!), but for me, it is showing Christ in my life when I am...frustrated...on the verge of "losin' it" for a moment, or perhaps really wanting to go off on somebody.
 It is in those times I find my personal witness to others very effective. I have noticed since becoming a Christian, people are watching you...all the time. Maybe they were before and I did not realize, but now, since I gave my life to the Lord Jesus...it is like so real to me! 
 A baffling thought to me is when someone approaches death (not trying to be morbid here, just comes into by brain...), what friend, what compassion, or what can a person do at that particular moment in time. I mean, I honestly do not know what I would do...not having Christ Jesus in my own heart at that moment. It would be so horrific to face death...alone.
 So, my concluding thought on this is when those moments come in my daily life, when I don't want to give God praise, or I just want to slander someone because of their rude behavior...it is in those very moments that if I can find His Peace, even if I just give Him a moment in that corridor of time, His Power is made known....anyway, a Gleaning from John 16:31-33:

 " Do you believe....Are you finally getting a hold of what I have been saying to You? Here is what you need to be aware of...the times in your own life are already here...you are being scattered throughout the world...in various places and in the corridors of time.
 I know there are times you will feel lost and alone, for I have been left alone. Yet, here is something I know, I always carry with Me, in My heart. The truth is, I am not alone, for the Father is with Me.
 The reason I say all this even now is to reinforce this thought in your own hearts and minds, that you as well are not all alone...I am with you. When you are able to grasp this more and more as your life grows in Me...then you will find it! You will have recognized My Peace in you...each of you that learns to put their trust in Me.
 When you put into practice keeping Me in your thoughts, even during those times when life just frustrates you, when people get on your "nerves", when things said just anger you...when you can begin to find Me in the midst of those times, then you will be less able to just "storm off in anger", say something you wish you would not have said, or hurt someone with your attitude or even your body language which speaks loud and clear to some one that you are just "blowing them off", not having any concern for them at the moment.
 It is in those times, that if You allow My Peace to overtake what your thoughts and emotions want to, your confidence will build within you...because you actually are witnessing for yourself My power operating in your life. Then, you will understand more when I say, you are not alone...I am there with you.
 Here on earth as you journey through your life, you will face difficulties, some may appear large, while others will seem small. Others of you will face some severe trials, facing numerous types of distress and frustrations...and sorrow.
 But no matter what life may bring you, the source of your life....is Me! It may be in those momentary times, when things in your daily routine are not going your way, and people are all around you...or it may be when you are about to face death itself...it doesn't really matter.
 What does matter is you have learned how to take courage during those times, that you have developed a confidence, and now can take heart!....for you have learned all this comes from knowing Me.
 The real truth is this: I have already conquered the way the world is, including situations in your own daily routines in life, and regardless of what circumstances you might be facing...the one fact remains....trusting in Me.
 Listen up! I have conquered all that...for you! In fact, I have totally deprived it of its power to harm and overtake you...period!"

No comments:

Post a Comment