Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Choice is Mine...Gleanings from Isaiah 8:11-22

It seems to me if I learn anything from reading and studying the Sacred Scriptures, it is this: Following God is not all that complicated...it is simply a matter of choice. Do I do what He says to do, or do I refuse to do so and wander off and do my own thing? I think it is important for me in my daily walk with Christ to think before I act, to look to Him first before I hurry up and make a decision, and to believe what His Word declares...not what I might hear on the radio or see on T.V. His challenge to me is: "Do you believe Me?"
 And one more thing...I realize that if I choose not to trust and rely on Him...I will end up putting my trust in something...or someone. So I have to ask myself, "Why would I do that?...I must trust and wait for Him to act and bring the things I need in daily life...I want Him as a safe hiding place!

                           Gleanings from Isaiah 8:11-22

 " The Lord grabbed hold of me with His powerful hand and said:" Listen to Me! Don't act like...don't listen to...don't speak like...any of these people around you!
 Let Me make this perfectly clear to you. I do not want Judah forming an alliance with Assyria! Now, that being said, do not allow these people to get you down because I have told you what I feel and want...in fact, ignore all that talk that says you are part of some sort of rebellion or conspiracy that is "secretly" hoping to bring down Judah.
 These people that are saying all this are speaking out of the fear in their own hearts!...they are full of fear from the news about the alliance Israel formed with Syria, and think Judah should do the same...with Assyria! This fear is "eating them alive"...they are consumed with fear!

 As for you, don't accept any of this "talk birthed in their own fears". In fact, if fear is the choice or road they want they want to go down...then they should put all their energies in fearing the Holy-God-of-the-Angel-Armies! That type of fear is good and it is wholesome...promising good results! This "puny alliance" thing with Israel and Syria is a joke...and the crazy part is that it will not happen anyway!

Listen! My Word is still true! I am your Sanctuary, a safe place to hide amidst any of the storms of life...putting trust in Me will never do you wrong!
 But to those who live full of fear, and are looking in every direction for help and guidance except taking the time to look to Me, well, then I am a stumbling block...and they will trip over Me...I am a rock...and they will fall down! By failing to seek My counsel, both Israel and Judah will stumble and fall...hard!...breaking their very bones!
 Jerusalem is walking into a trap if they continue to carry on the way they are...they will be captured and dragged away!

 As for you, continue to honor and preserve My Word and the way of life I have taught you! Share My instructions with those who have entrusted their very lives and choose to follow Me!"

 I replied to the Lord: "I will!...I will wait for You, my Lord! Even though You are not pleased with Israel or with Judah, I will find solace in putting my trust in You!
 My own children, my wife, and me will serve as warning signs from the Lord God Himself...who continues to dwell in His Holy Temple atop Mt. Zion!

 Some have even resorted to asking mediums and those who speak with the dead. They even look to wizards and fortune tellers for counsel and for guidance. All their efforts in obtaining news of their future from these so-called soothsayers are nothing more than vain mutterings and whispers...full of lies! Besides, have they totally forgotten to seek You, O Great God of the universe! Does it make any sense at all that those who are living would seek help and advice from...the dead?
 No, as for me I will stay on the path of God's instructions, and tell others to do the same. I will keep my eyes on Him and trust in His Word.
 Those who choose to go elsewhere for advice will end up in total frustration, weary, hungry...and in rage!...cursing their own king and the Lord Himself!
 Then, they will look up into the heavens, backdown to the earth...but it does not matter. For, wherever they look...their own hearts can not be soothed of the anguish within them. Their hearts are full of dark despair and they shall be driven away...into the thick of darkness...into the obscurity of the night..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment