Wednesday, January 23, 2013

When You Feel Like You're "Losin' It"...

Psalm 94 is one of those Psalms no one is really sure who wrote it. It might have been David, or it could have been a psalmist right before the exile (when the Jewish people were taken to Babylon for 70 years as slaves).

 A couple things of note in this particular Psalm. The psalmist seems disturbed against the leaders of his time. The reason being is the psalmist declares these leaders promote wickedness and join with evil forces rather than choosing good.
 The other thing about this Psalm is he refers to God as LORD with 4 capital letters. Unlike English, this word is not to be translated Lord or Master, but rather in the Hebrew language it is translated "Always Alive". I think that is so cool!

                    A Gleaning from Psalm 94:16-19

 " Who will rise up and protect me from these cruel and wicked leaders?...these leaders who have sworn their allegiance to the "Ways of Iniquity"?

 Unless the "One who is Always Alive" had not been there and given me help, I would have been destined to the "Silence of the Graves"!
 Yet, when I cried to Him and said: " I am slipping...my feet cannot hold me up any longer....there You were! You came and rescued me! And, You did not come alone! You brought with You your unfailing love for me...and then You grabbed me...and kept me steady!

 You stood by me and saw how my mind had given in to a multitude of anxious thoughts, how doubts and fears had tried to grip me, and how I had become so burdened with worry that I worked myself into a torment...totally beside myself. You calmed me, You gave me comfort, You gave me renewed hope...and I felt so secure with You. You then adorned me with Your strength and gave me the power to...want to live once more!

 The "One who is Always Alive".....has done it...yet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment