Thursday, March 1, 2018

Sufferings Do Not Exclude us


                                                 Sufferings Do Not Exclude Us

A friend called today,

His niece passed away.

Opiods are evil,

I felt its pain today.

I called my elderly aunt today

She accepts her life day to day.

Last night she slept in pain,

Grateful for another day.

A childhood friend

About to retire,

Lost so much weight,

In pain with no desire.



   What can I do? I am willing to assist. I start with a broken -hearted prayer.



"Whom have I in Heaven but You?

You're all I want in Heaven!

You're all I want on earth!

When my skin sags, my bones are brittle,

My body and mind fail me.

Lord, You remain the strength of my heart,

You remain my choice, now and forever."

                                    Psalm 73:25-26  (paraphrased)


No comments:

Post a Comment