Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A Different Kind of Judge

  I can't compare Him to any human judge. At least a human judge I can visit in his/her chambers. His plate is kinda full, ruling and judging heaven and earth. And the thing is, it seems He is everywhere. To this day no one has ever been able to control Him.
 Yet, He knows where I am. In fact, He knows exactly where I am. And, get this, He knows what I have been doing and why I did it.
  It appears He enjoys testing me. Sometimes I think He is purposely trying to drive me "crazy." Every test seems to boil down to three questions: 1) Whom do I choose, 2) Whom do I refuse, 3) Am I willing to obey?


"I traveled East looking for Him. He was not there.
So, I went West...not even a trace.
Then, I went North, but He had covered His tracks.
So, I went South...nothing.

Yet, He always seem to know exactly where I am.
He also knows everything I have done, and
Knows exactly why I am doing,
Image result for photos of fair judgeAnd why I have chose to do so.

If that's not enough,
He asks me what I would do
If I were in His shoes.
He continues with numerous questions
Seeming to enjoy this time with me.

It was here I soon discovered
All He ever wanted
Was for me to pass the tests in life
With Honor.
His intent was that I might be pure...like fine gold."

                              Reflective thoughts of Job 23: 8-10



No comments:

Post a Comment