Saturday, October 24, 2015

Then I Saw the End...Psalm 73

Psalm 73 is an asaph, meaning someone wrote this Psalm...for David, perhaps a member of his musical band.
 Here is the situation: This "band member" observed evil people having plenty of money, nice homes, and comfortable lifestyles. Good people seemed to struggle achieving these things. Those who were searching for ways to honor Him were often mocked and looked down upon. 
 One note: Before 500 B.C., anyone who was not an Israelite...was considered evil. After 500 B.C., anyone who didn't obey God's Commandments...was considered evil, Israelite or not.

The difference?

 Israelites had returned to their homeland from being in exile in Babylon. During that time in exile Israel had learned alot about the heart of man, particularly those outside the Jewish nation.  They had learned it is the heart and soul of man, not the bloodlines, that produce the true make-up of an individual...


                                                          A Gleaning from Psalm 73

" I have no doubt God is good! Period! Yet, that being said, God is good to those whose hearts are open, honest, and genuine toward Him. I must confess, I almost missed this entire concept! I failed to see His goodness for a time in my life. I was looking in an entirely different direction!
  My focus was on the people who have absolutely no interest in God or His Mighty Commands, yet their lives are a life of ease! 
  I had actually become envious of these arrogant and proud people. A people who do not give a second thought to any wickedness in their lives. The thing is... they prosper anyways! These people don't feel any of the pains of real life, they don't seem to suffer, and their personal  health is strong. They don't seem to have problems like everyone else, not a care in the world, and they wear  this selfish pride as a prized necklace...like a hidden family jewel that is now displayed before all.
   Even their clothing are adorned with the blood of others...hurting and belittling those who do not measure up to the selfish standard of life they proudly promote...and quite aggressively I might add. These proud evildoers sin against God's Mighty Commands more than they change their very clothes, being pampered so luxuriously along their journey in life. They are so overfed their eyes disappear when they laugh, rolls of fat literally covering any area that might have space. 
  These people of arrogance will cross the street to jeer and oppress a person down on their luck, and love every minute of it of doing so! They choose their words of malice carefully and mix them with words of vulgarity and blasphemy. They remind the poor and needy how stupid it is to trust in a "god" you can't even see, chanting "we are what we make ourselves to be." "What we don't do, (as they continue to mock the person hungry, cold, or just needin' a break in life) "is sit on street corners cryin' the blues trying to work on another's emotions.. "You made your bed, now sleep in it." walking away in search of another victim to inflict their venom.

 As I watched these various scenarios actually happen before me, I stopped and ask myself "What are we doing to one another? The rich get richer and sit high above those less fortunate, throwing a scrap occasionally to one in need, not because they care, but to get a laugh. These fraudulent people receive their monetary gains from the very poor they make fun of, count out their latest gains, and take the pennies, sliding them with their hands off the table to the floor, just to watch the poor and hungry fight over the remains. They even place bets as to which of the poor might get the most. 
 I ask myself; "What is going on here? Does God not see injustice right in front of Him? Is He on a vacation? Maybe He took a restroom break and can't find His way back? Or perhaps God is just needing more sleep these days?...He is gettin' up there in age you know.
  Still, I hear the vulgar words being blurted out in the city squares: "Your God is the Most High? Please! I think He is NOT as smart or caring as you think He is." I heard these taunts daily, like every time I walked out of my home I am greeted with a smack in the face.
  Yet, while I experienced all this around me, these loud mouthed, arrogant, and fat pompous people ( puts a new meaning on "larger than life") continue to abuse anyone they choose. For those of us still putting our trust in His Mighty Commands, the only thing we can offer is God's Commands can give you a splitting headache.

That is...until the day it really happened....

 I walked into Your sanctuary, Lord, to give You proper respect. To my surprise, You were there waiting for me, calmly leaning beside a pillar. You spoke and said you had something to show me. I immediately was shown horror, horror in avid detail. As I looked intently into this vision given me, I realized the path of life these wicked and arrogant had chosen were nothing more than empty delusions of what life was meant to be. Every curve along the road spelled the letters D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R. I rubbed my eyes to make sure what I was seeing was real, and suddenly there was nothing. Everyone traveling this dangerous path were no longer there. The sense of danger had passed and now the ditches that were full of delusions had been replaced. In there place were luscious trees full of broad leaves and magnificent fruit, along with beautiful and exotic flowers manicured so carefully around the base of each tree. The path was now clear, almost white in appearance, and each corner was bright, revealing new plans God had for those who would adhere to His Mighty Commands.
 Those who had mocked Him?...were totally gone, like they never had been there.

  Soon I found myself so bitter from what I had experienced in life: the rejection, the ridicule, and the general mockery of choosing to trust Him. I had been so dumb, so ignorant, I was nothing more than a animal kneeling in Your Presence. 
  As I remained kneeling, ashamed how I had become this way, You suddenly took me by Your hand, helped me to arise from my knees, laughed at the vanity of Evil, and spoke a blessing...over me! I began to recognize how wise Your counsel really is, how powerful Your Mighty Commands really are, and then allow me the honor of basking in Your Presence! 
  Heaven clearly reminds the heart of man how dear a friend You really are, even from the beginning!

  I realized at that very point in life...even if my own health fails me, my heart gives in to the battles of life, or I find myself seeing Evil perish before me, the Good News?...I am forever in Your Presence. It has to be the most refreshing experience life can offer, just to be close to You!

 Therefore let it be known to all" I have chosen to make the Lord my home! I put all my trust in Him for He is my total and complete refuge. I will daily announce: "The Lord is good! He has good things in store for you...this very day!"  

     
  

No comments:

Post a Comment